Request for help with debugging a CMake-based installation of Geant4

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Thu Mar 24 03:00:32 PDT 2016

Hi,

I'm a bit stuck with geant4.10.2 that is using CMake-based
installation. Version 4.10.1 works fine, but version 4.10.2 installs
wrong links to libraries.

I'm using
    -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR=${prefix}/lib/Geant4/Geant4.10.2
and the libraries end up at the proper location, but the links are not:

> otool -L /opt/local/lib/Geant4/Geant4.10.2/libG4FR.dylib
/opt/local/lib/Geant4/Geant4.10.2/libG4FR.dylib:
        /opt/local/lib/libG4FR.dylib
        /opt/local/lib/libG4vis_management.dylib

I'm a bit stuck. There are of course two solutions, either fixing the
CMake sources or running install_name_tool in post-destroot phase. If
I give up with finding the proper patch, I can always try the hack and
fix links.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ticket:
    https://trac.macports.org/ticket/50426