html and postscript viewer

Mark Brethen mark.brethen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 18:45:52 PDT 2016

According to the documentation these parameters are actually the names of shell scripts that CGX runs to open the viewers. For example, the instruction for the html viewer are as follows:

Create the shell script, respectively a file with filename “firefox“ (or any other file- name) in a directory of your choice: “dir_your_choice“ (for example your HOME: /Users/LOGNAME) by using an editor of your choice. Next, insert the following two

lines in file: “firefox“, then safe and quit the file:

#!/bin/bash
open -a Firefox $1

The above shell script “firefox” enables to launch Firefox from a Terminal window with command: $ firefox <input> <return>. In the second line of the above script: "open" opens application (-a) Firefox, input is passed via “$1”.