[147186] trunk/dports/net/nmap/Portfile

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Thu Mar 31 11:45:04 PDT 2016

On Mar 30, 2016, at 8:44 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
> you should provide an upgrade path that preserves the user's choices.

Thanks. I knew I forgot something / knew there was some reason I hadn't done this before.

This is probably something that should be documented for maintainers (maybe in https://trac.macports.org/wiki/PortfileRecipes ?)

>    # Can be removed after March 2017
>    variant no_ssl description {Legacy compatibility variant} {}
>    if {![variant_isset no_ssl]} {
>        default_variants +ssl

Does default_variants not work like other commands? I would have expected default_variants-append here (and/or would rather be able to do default_variants-delete inside the compatibility variant).

>    }
>    variant no_pcre description {Legacy compatibility variant} {}
>    if {![variant_isset no_pcre]} {
>        default_variants +pcre
>    }

r147228