failed to uninstall part of files. CIVL

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Tue May 3 17:59:18 PDT 2016

On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 8:10 PM, Abdulrahman Alshammari <a.turqi at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> The attached portfile is working now perfectrly after fixing some issue. I
> am not sure if what I did is the right one or there is something better
> than this. When I install civl, it works fine, but when I uninstall it, the
> files that are in opt/local/bin and opt/local/sbin are not removed. Is
> there something wrong I made?

At a guess, you have the problem that Ryan warned you about: the destroot
phase writes directly to /opt/local/bin and /opt/local/sbin instead of to
the destroot. That means they won't be packaged and won't be managed by
MacPorts (and, if this port is buildable by the buildbots, it will
potentially mess them up by installing unregistered files that could
potentially conflict with future port builds, including new versions of
your port). You need to find out how to force it to write them to the
destroot.

This is not optional; it "looks like it worked" but it's making a mess that
can be hard for people installing your port --- and the buildbot maintainer
--- to fix. "Good enough" isn't.