Mac Port Git issues breaking multiple ports

John Patrick nhoj.patrick at gmail.com
Fri May 13 02:58:49 PDT 2016

Hiya,

Any update on the git ssl certificate issues when trying to close
repositories?

I'm aware it affects ports for git-flow and ansible.

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/49539
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/50467
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/50469

I suspect it's affects more ports and people simply are not reporting the
issue and probably switching to another mac package manager or manually
installing it.

If you need information about git or certs on my machine, please let me
know what info is needed.

I've tried with both /usr/bin/git and /opt/local/bin/git, as my regular
user and as root and the 4 combinations all successfully clone the repo,
but port install fails to clone.

Cheers,
John