support for older HardWare and Mac OS X

Bjarne D Mathiesen macintosh at mathiesen.info
Mon May 23 00:17:23 PDT 2016

I've got 2 older Mac Mini systems I'm using as headless servers:

#=> system_profiler SPHardwareDataType SPSoftwareDataType
Hardware:
  Hardware Overview:
    Model Name      : Mac mini                  Mac mini
    Model Identifier: Macmini2,1                Macmini1,1
    Processor Name  : Intel Core 2 Duo          Intel Core Duo
    Processor Speed : 1,83 GHz                  1,83 GHz
    Number Of Processors    : 1                 1
    Total Number Of Cores   : 2                 2
    L2 Cache        : 2 MB                      2 MB
    Memory          : 2 GB                      2 GB
    Bus Speed       : 667 MHz                   667 MHz
    Boot ROM Version: MM21.009A.B00             MM11.0055.B08
    SMC Version (system)    : 1.19f2            1.3f4

Software:
  System Software Overview:
    System Version  : Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)  Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)
    Kernel Version  : Darwin 10.8.0             Darwin 10.8.0
    Boot Mode       : Normal                    Normal
    Secure Virtual Memory       : Not Enabled   Not Enabled
    64-bit Kernel and Extensions: No            No

How much interest is there in still holding such old stuff supported in
MacPorts ??? Presently, I've got some issues with some core packages
I'ld like to get resolved :-)

--
Bjarne D Mathiesen
Korsør ; Danmark ; Europa