Help resolving #51424

Marcus Calhoun-Lopez mcalhoun at macports.org
Tue May 31 06:24:03 PDT 2016

In the octave port, I have the following code:

set appName Octave.app
foreach {key value} ${values} {
    system "/usr/bin/defaults write ${worksrcpath}/${appName}/Contents/Info ${key} ${value}”
}

where values is a list.

/usr/bin/defaults exists and is working.
The foreach loop seems to be looping over the correct values.
For some reason, however, /usr/bin/defaults seems to be either
    (1) failing to create Info.plist (but doing so without generating an error)
    (2) creating the Info.plist file someplace else.

I know that (2) can happen if /usr/bin/defaults does not recognize ${worksrcpath}/${appName}/Contents/Info as an absolute path.

I am not sure how to track down the error as I am unable to reproduce it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Marcus