Working with Git

Marko Käning mk-macports at posteo.net
Tue Nov 1 01:51:39 PDT 2016

Hi Mojca and Ryan,

On 01 Nov 2016, at 05:54 , Mojca Miklavec <mojca at macports.org> wrote:
> I'm with Ryan in this case. We don't prevent anyone from using this
> software if they choose to, I just don't see the point of advertising
> software whose maintainer decided to go against MP.

I am with you here! Port hub is there for use on MacPorts for anyone who
might find it useful anyways. So, leave it at that and remove the hint on
the wiki page. It doesn’t make sense to do advertisement for someone who’s
not interested in that extra attention.

Greets,
Marko

P.S.: Reading hub’s dev’s comment to the first issue [1] one shouldn’t
even assume open opposition against MacPorts, IMHO. I read there that
the guy wants to support his tool all himself w/o anyone else interfering
and thus he only cares about what he is using, namely HB. I find it
understandable from his point of view if he’s not intending to jointly
develop his code together with the whole Open Source community. The MIT
license allows us to host it and give any interested user access to this
(potentially useful) software. So be it. :)

[1] https://github.com/github/hub/pull/211