Working with Git

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Tue Nov 1 09:17:36 PDT 2016

> On Nov 1, 2016, at 4:57 AM, Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org> wrote:
>
>> On 2016-11-01 05:54, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>
>> I'm with Ryan in this case. We don't prevent anyone from using this
>> software if they choose to, I just don't see the point of advertising
>> software whose maintainer decided to go against MP.
>
> This argument is just nonsense. I am not going to stop using vim just
> because upstream decided to mention Homebrew (and only Homebrew) in its
> README_mac [1].

+1

The point of the wiki is to help users, not play politics. We do not
have quid pro quo relationships with any upstream developers. As
irritating as the hub devs' attitude may be, the tool they develop may
still be useful to our users, so there's no reason we shouldn't mention
it matter-of-factly and let users decide if it fits their needs. I don't
see this as an advertisement or recommendation.

vq