Removing "$Id$" lines

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Tue Nov 1 12:55:13 PDT 2016

On Nov 1, 2016, at 3:36 PM, Lawrence Velázquez <larryv at macports.org> wrote:
> While I agree in principle that our committing should not be hampered by
> the buildbot and would welcome another solution, I'm not crazy about the
> idea of polluting our (permanent!) commit history with transient
> administrivia like this.

A tag that indicates 'This commit was part of a mass change' (that doesn't change the build product) doesn't seem like pollution in the commit history to me, but I don't really care too much.

I imagine this could also be handled 'manually' by someone who could temporarily disable the build infrastructure, make the mass change, and then bring the build infrastructure back up.

--
Daniel J. Luke