Removing "$Id$" lines

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Tue Nov 1 12:56:49 PDT 2016

> On Nov 1, 2016, at 3:45 PM, Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org> wrote:
>
> On 2016-11-01 19:43, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
>> In any case, the proposed set of commits is utterly unnecessary and is
>> not worth any of this fuss.
>
> I do not want to keep commenting on every single submission that it
> needs to remove the $Id$ line. This should be done as one commit and we
> would never see it again.

In private discussion with Mojca, I realized that for some reason I'd
gotten it into my head that there would be thousands of commits, instead
of just a few commits that modified thousands of ports each. I'd also
forgotten (even though I implemented it) that the buildmaster now only
sends off one BuildSet per push due to the tree-stable timer. So there
would not be as many objects flying around as I'd thought.

It's hard to say without trying it, but committing then canceling might
not actually be that bad.

vq