How to handle MacPorts' handles in the future (including the email address connected to it)??

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Tue Nov 1 13:05:27 PDT 2016

On 2016-11-01 20:27, Marko Käning wrote:
> I’d actually be happier if I had my - up to now - MacPorts handle
> (mk) also for the future… :)
>
> But ok, I guess I’ll have to apply at admin at macports.org for a new
> handle then, being mkae at macports.org, right?
>
> The only problem with all this is, that I then have to ask my good
> old friend Brad (pixilla) to create that user mkae on his mail server
> (which can handle address rewriting).

What do you mean by address rewriting? If you are referring to problems
with SPF, the new mail server is now doing SRS [1].

> Well, as an alternative I could go through my own email provider, but
> they have special requirements for such address rewriting and I
> wonder whether at least those could be fulfilled by macports.org - in
> case it is absolutely impossible to get an email address at MacPorts’
> IMAP server directly.

Right now we do not host any mailboxes with IMAP, we only forward mails
to existing addresses. I would like to keep the administrative overhead
low, certainly all developers have an existing mailbox.

Although I thought about implementing authenticated mail submission on
our mail server in order to be able to enable SPF for macports.org and
reduce spam. But that will not happen in the near future while there are
other issues.

Rainer

[1] http://www.openspf.org/SRS