GitHub desired workflow...

Eric A. Borisch eborisch at macports.org
Tue Nov 1 14:52:51 PDT 2016

A newer git (2.6.0 [1]) is required for the rebase.autostash configuration
switch to work. As of Xcode 7.2, git is at 2.5.4.

With these two options set to true, (rebase.autostash and pull.rebase),
'git pull' feels like 'svn update' (at least to me) -- which is very nice
for transition documentation to note, with the caveat that you need a
new-enough git installed.

  - Eric

[1]
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/git/git/master/Documentation/RelNotes/2.6.0.txt