branch -d and pushing (Was: Working with Git)

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.me
Thu Nov 3 08:41:32 PDT 2016

Ensure you pull or fetch your merged changes otherwise you'll never be
allowed to delete the branch. So if on branch X you have GitHub merge
branch Y, you cannot delete Y until you fetch X.

If we get lots of branches, you can prune remote tracking easily:
git fetch -p

(remember:
 - local tracking "master"
 - remote tracking "origin/master")