rsync not being kept up to date?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Nov 4 09:14:35 PDT 2016

> On Nov 4, 2016, at 08:03, Adam Mercer <ram at macports.org> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 11:40 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>>
>> It's currently busy uploading binaries for lalsuite-extra @1.2.0 -- they're 2GB apiece. This might take another day to finish.
>
> I was worried about that, in fact that package has caused a few
> problems at work and we're investigating how best to deal with it as
> I've been told that it's only going to keep getting bigger as time
> goes on.
>
> Would you prefer it if I removed that port?

Not if you need it.

> Or is there a way to tell
> the buildbot not to produce packages?

Whether the buildbot distributes the binary is based on whether its stated license is distributable or not. But I'm reluctant to suggest you change the license to something not distributable if it is.

What does this port contain? Does it download 2GB of data and repackage it? Does it generate 2GB of data?