Proposal for a MacPorts'ish commit message template

Marko Käning mk-macports at posteo.net
Fri Nov 4 10:43:33 PDT 2016

Hi Larry,

On 04 Nov 2016, at 18:34 , Lawrence Velázquez <larryv at macports.org> wrote:

> It doesn't really do anything differently w.r.t. wrapping, but it
> highlights subject-line overflow in an alarming red color.

that’s a nice feature. Will have to test whether that works as documented
in our WorkingWithGit wiki page...

> Not a waste of time! Can't know what the water is like without dipping
> your toe in. We appreciate your enthusiasm :)

Well, I respect the work you guys have been done and are doing for MacPorts
and I appreciate that you do the same for those who try to support this
operation to the best of their knowledge.

:)

Greets,
Marko