PR usage by people with commit access

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Fri Nov 4 11:00:08 PDT 2016

> On Nov 4, 2016, at 1:48 PM, Clemens Lang <cal at macports.org> wrote:
>
>> * Using the same change methods as outside contributors may help to
>> develop better PR flow.

I am not particularly interested in accommodating contributors' workflow
expectations for their own sake. Their workflows may work for them but
not for us.

>> Currently I see some lack of the standard flow, maintainers commit
>> contributors' changes in different ways, PRs marked as rejected
>> while they're actually merged, people ask to enable "Allow edits
>> from maintainers" for PR, etc.
>
> Absolutely agree.

I think this is mainly us trying to figure out a good workflow. I expect
things will settle down eventually.

>> * Ability to get a feedback / review from other project members.
>
> Agree for the cases where other people interested in the ports and
> capable of reviewing exist, and those people have the time to review in
> a timely fashion.

Sure. I would encourage committers who want feedback to open as many PRs
as they want.

(You get a PR! You get a PR! Everybody gets a PR!!!)

vq