[MacPorts] #52699: cmake portgroup version 1.1

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 17:16:42 CET 2016

On Thursday November 24 2016 14:45:33 MacPorts wrote:

> I’m not convinced that this should remain. Since it’s created in
> `workpath`, it still gets trashed on `port clean`, so I don’t see how it’s
> any more permanent than the logfile.

The important thing is that it remains as long as there has been no `port clean` or equivalent. And as long as that doesn't happen the file is infinitely more permanent than the logfile from the moment you repeat any port command that is part of the build sequence (and that isn't `port configure`, evidently). And that's the only sort of "more permanent" that is being aimed at - should anyone want to keep the information *after* the port clean they can simply copy the file; copying for a file with a standard name is more practical than filtering the log at the appropriate time.