Thanks

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Nov 25 04:26:00 CET 2016

Today, Americans celebrate Thanksgiving, and in the spirit of the
holiday, I want to thank all of you.

Thanks to everyone who uses MacPorts! Thanks for filing bug reports and
pull requests and having lively discussions on the mailing list. Thanks
for tweeting and blogging about MacPorts. Thanks for mentioning MacPorts
to a friend.

Thanks to all the MacPorts developers and port maintainers. Thanks for
keeping your ports updated, for working with upstream developers to
resolve their Mac compilation problems, for finding and fixing problems
in base, and for spending your time thinking about ways of making
MacPorts better.

Thanks to Apple for supporting open source software, for providing the
macOS forge service that hosted MacPorts for the past ten years, for
employing me for the past year as macOS forge administrator, and for
giving us the opportunity to move MacPorts to GitHub and other hosting
in an orderly fashion.

Thanks to the new infrastructure team and to everyone who helped with
the conversion to GitHub and the migration to our new systems.

Thanks to Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg for
generously providing our new master fileserver, and to MaxCDN and all
the universities and organizations that provide mirror servers.

It's been an eventful year of transition for MacPorts, and I'm excited
to see what the future holds for us. I'm thankful that despite our
differences and occasional disagreements we can work together to create
software that benefits so many Mac users around the world.

Thank you.

-Ryan, MacPorts management