[macports-infrastructure] branch mprsyncup-polish created (now 0a20565)

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Fri Nov 25 06:08:49 CET 2016

> On Nov 24, 2016, at 11:33 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>
> 6 copies of these changes arrived to the list: 1 when you created the
> branch, 4 when you updated the branch (perhaps by force-pushing to
> it?), and 1 when you merged the branch to master.

Yeah sorry, I force-pushed a few times (and once more coming). Did not
remember that force-pushes generate emails until after I opened the PR.

> How can we avoid that?

It's probably simplest to discourage opening PRs using branches on our
organization's repositories. It seems that most PRs so far have used
forks anyway, so committers should just continue doing so (and I should
*start* doing so).

vq