Looking for help with MinGW-w64 cross-compiler

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Tue Oct 4 12:29:33 PDT 2016

Hi,

I would like to ask for some help with finalizing the packages for
MinGW-w64. I have a working cross-compiler in my user tree
    https://trac.macports.org/browser/users/mojca/ports/cross
but it's not yet in a state where I would be happy to move it to trunk.

The ticket is here:
    https://trac.macports.org/ticket/40174

What is still missing?

- clean up the paths (most files need relocation to a saner path,
potentially create and/or fix symlinks)

- clean up the slightly messy part about i686 vs. x86_64
  (wherther to enable or --disable-multilib)

- clean up the "bootstrapping dependency mess"

- potentially add support for multiple versions of GCC (it would be
nice to support, say, GCC 4.9, 5 and 6 at the same time), even though
that's very low on the priority list

- clang: I've heard that clang can already create windows binaries,
but I'm not yet sure how to do that

- add optional parts
  * ada, fortran, ...
  * cloog, ppl, libgomp, pthreads-win32, ...

- write instructions for cross-compilation with MinGW-w64 using
MacPorts (including instructions for static builds against libstdc++)

- get rid of wxmsw or at least port it properly

I know that I could ask any question I want on this list, but I would
be grateful if there was some someone else willing to help a bit more
and look into the current mess of packages as I'm not only lacking the
full expertise, but also more time to dive deeper into this and to get
a more intimate understanding of the complete build process. It also
doesn't help that recompilation of gcc usually takes forever on my old
laptop.

Thanks in advance,
    Mojca