dbusmenu-qt5 build failure on 10.7 and 10.8 buildbots because of using libstdc++

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 05:40:46 PDT 2016

On Thursday October 06 2016 07:17:18 Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> I don't understand... Those two paragraphs seem contradictory. You say it works without libc++, and that forcing libc++ would cause the ports to fail (on vanilla OS X < 10.9), but then you say it would help to use libc++.

I guess that Mojca means that there will probably be less issues with Qt5 ports in general if we forced the use of libc++ across the board.

> We want to move the matter of determining that an error condition exists
> from the portfiles and portgroups to MacPorts base. Then it will be easier
> for the buildbot to query MacPorts base and ask if the port will be
> installable, and skip it if not

I think we're not exactly thinking about the same things. I don't think you can expect ports to know that without being able to include the PortGroups they require. So even if the fundamental mechanism is part of the base layer the error could still be determined in a PortGroup. And I think it'd make sense if the cxx11 portgroup raised the "don't build" signal if it detects a host that doesn't have libc++ installed.