dbusmenu-qt5 build failure on 10.7 and 10.8 buildbots because of using libstdc++

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 09:32:24 PDT 2016

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 12:25 PM, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Actually, that hasn't yet caused me any problems on Linux. I've made the
> v6 collection the default as soon as it became available, and certainly
> haven't had to rebuild anything because of it.

You haven't seen the work distribution folks do to fit this stuff together.
They've been doing it since early versions of g++ where libstdc++ wasn't
even ABI compatible with *itself* across versions, so they're used to it by
now. At my previous job, when we ran into this we just lifted the whole
thing to glue multiple g++ releases to a common libstdc++ from Debian
(clang / libc++ wasn't an issue back then).