Issues with oudated ports / GitHub

Guido Soranzio guido.soranzio at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 10:05:43 PDT 2016

>>> [citation needed] ;-)
>>
>> Gladly. I have written a small script to check that. Here are a few of
>> the results (of some tools I work with/run on a daily basis)

I have written a whole GUI which uses AppleScript to automate the Terminal
in order to hide automatically the /usr/local and /opt/local
prefixes when un/installing/upgrading multiple packages, so you
can compare at once the different versions that MacPorts and Homebrew
provide: <https://github.com/gui-dos/Guigna>.

I have converted Guigna to Swift 3 and it should compile flawlessly with
the latest versions of Xcode 8 and Sierra.

I really hope that the migration of MacPorts to GitHub will trigger a
collaboration between the two communities at last.

Guido

--
https://github.com/gui-dos/