Issues with oudated ports / GitHub

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Fri Oct 7 10:37:21 PDT 2016

> On Oct 7, 2016, at 1:23 PM, Marcel Bischoff <marcel at herrbischoff.com> wrote:
>
> On 16/10/07, Guido Soranzio wrote:
> [...]
>> I really hope that the migration of MacPorts to GitHub will trigger a
>> collaboration between the two communities at last.

How would our switching to GitHub facilitate this at all? We still will
not be able to share code in any meaningful way (other than patches,
which we already do sometimes). Just because I will be spending more
time on github.com doesn't mean that I'm going to start wandering over
to github.com/homebrew.

> That would be swell, indeed. Although I can't shake the feeling that it
> could be a clash of cultures. Kind of like old school coders vs.
> hipsters. ;)

My eyes bleed every time I look at a Homebrew formula. True story.

vq