Issues with oudated ports / GitHub

Marcel Bischoff marcel at herrbischoff.com
Fri Oct 7 13:25:59 PDT 2016

On 16/10/07, Brandon Allbery wrote:
>On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 2:38 PM, Daniel J. Luke <dluke at geeklair.net> wrote:
>
>> the cool kids also aren't writing 'tcl' these days ...
>

>...but the way they write anything else, they might as well be writing
>fortran...

Let me just chime in here and say that those kinds of attitudes are
exactly what I mean when I write "exclusive". It's good and fine to have
certain standards but dismissing the majority of possible contributors
for not meeting your personal interpretation of How Things Should Be(tm)
is surely not helping getting MacPorts more traction. A major effort
should be to make it as easy and straight-forward for new developers to
contribute in a way that is considered acceptable.