Issues with oudated ports / GitHub

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Fri Oct 7 21:00:28 PDT 2016

> On Oct 7, 2016, at 3:24 PM, Ken Cunningham <ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2016-10-07, at 10:05 AM, Rainer Müller wrote:
>>
>> I am not sure how we could change these to make triaging trickets
>> easier.
>
> I can't easily just look at the list and see what are new requests for
> ports to be included in macports. It all mixed in with other things.

You can use a Trac query for this:

https://trac.macports.org/query?status=!closed&type=request&component=ports

The Tickets page [1] on Trac has links for several such queries, there is
a list of various Trac reports [2], and you can construct a custom query
if you need to [3].

It might be useful to add more query links to the Tickets page.

[1]: https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Tickets
[2]: https://trac.macports.org/report
[3]: https://trac.macports.org/query

> Like Ryan said, I'd have separate queues for each major
> category..

That's not really what Ryan said. He was just pointing out that our
current selection of ticket types is inconsistent, not that we should
add a bunch more.

https://trac.macports.org/query?status=!closed&type=request&component=ports&owner=macports-tickets%40lists.macosforge.org

https://trac.macports.org/query?status=!closed&type=submission&component=ports

https://trac.macports.org/query?status=!closed&type=update&component=ports&keywords=!~haspatch

> 	port updates with patches (approved by maintainer if there is
> 	one) waiting for committer review

https://trac.macports.org/query?status=!closed&type=update&component=ports&keywords=~haspatch

>> Requests for new ports could still be valid after years. This list
>> could be helpful for newcomers that want to create new ports.
>
> Totally agree - but I'd close everything over six months old or
> something like that for optics. People can still search to "closed"
> tickets if they want.

I think we have a collective hoading instinct w.r.t. tickets. (Don't
close that ticket! I might work on it one day. Really.) Perhaps we could
be more bold about closing tickets with Rainer's "lack-of-interest"
keyword, while making it easy to find all such tickets.

https://trac.macports.org/query?status=closed&keywords=~lack-of-interest

vq