Issues with oudated ports / GitHub

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Sat Oct 8 06:38:47 PDT 2016

On Oct 8, 2016, at 6:34 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> It seems counterproductive to me to close a ticket if you're not addressing the issue. Just because nobody has done anything with a ticket for 6 months or 2 years or whatever period of time doesn't necessarily mean that the issue is no longer valid, just that nobody has had time to deal with it yet.

It would be nice if there were a third state between "open" and "closed" for this.

(Then again, "it would be nice" if tickets just fixed themselves, so….)

> When I go searching for tickets, I don't typically search for closed tickets, because I assume that closed tickets are closed because they've been dealt with. If we change that rule now, it will mean that I either don't find tickets that might have been relevant to whatever I'm searching for, or that I have to remember to search for closed tickets and spend a lot of time sifting through tickets that have already been dealt with.

This would be difficult even with a "lack-of-interest" keyword, now that you mention it. Today we can search for tickets that are (!closed AND [other conditions]). If we start closing stale tickets, one would have to search for tickets that are (!closed OR (closed AND keyword ~ lack-of-interest)) AND whatever other conditions you care about.

vq
Sent from my iPhone