Can't edit commit message

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Wed Oct 12 07:39:33 PDT 2016

On 2016-10-12 16:33, takeshi at macports.org wrote:
> I can’t edit the commit message as described
> in https://trac.macports.org/wiki/CommitRules.
>
> $ svn propedit --revprop svn:log -r 153822
> svn: E175008: While handling the 'svn:log' property on
> '/repository/macports/!svn/bln/153822':
> svn: E175008: Revprop change blocked by pre-revprop-change hook (exit
> code 1) with output:
> Changing revision properties is prohibited
>
> Is the related to the transition to Github?

svn:log property editing was disabled in August [1] in order to allow
continuous conversion to Git. During testing we want to keep Git in sync
by only appending new revisions as editing old commits would require a
history rewrite with Git.

Rainer

[1]
https://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-dev/2016-August/033406.html