[152490] contrib/buildbot-test

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Thu Oct 20 15:24:14 PDT 2016

> On Sep 12, 2016, at 9:06 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>
>> On Sep 12, 2016, at 7:46 AM, Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org> wrote:
>>
>>> On 2016-09-12 04:17, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>>> knowledge of which worker runs on which platform. I'd like to get
>>> all of that information confined to the config file.
>>
>> This list would be based on OS X installations, not on the function
>> the buildslaves serve.
>
> Ok, then it could be inverted, with the top-level keys being base,
> ports, ...
>
>> Maybe we should split the list of builders between those tied to
>> a machine and those that could run anywhere?
>>
>> My intention was that the builders "docs-guide" and "docs-www" can
>> use the same slave. I do not see a need to use separate buildslave
>> instances for them. That will make it easier to just add new
>> builders for more tasks (for example portindex2sql or generating
>> a web version of our port help/man pages).

What about something like this? Array values could be understood to
represent a list of suffixes that would be used to dynamically generate
buildslave names, while string values would simply be the name of the
buildslave to use.

{
	"base": [
		"-10.5_ppc",
		"-10.6_i386",
		"-10.6_x86_64",
		"-10.7_x86_64",
		"-10.8_x86_64",
		"-10.9_x86_64",
		"-10.10_x86_64",
		"-10.11_x86_64",
		"-10.12_x86_64"
	],
	"ports": [
		"-10.5_ppc", "-10.5_ppc_legacy",
		"-10.6_i386", "-10.6_i386_legacy",
		"-10.6_x86_64", "-10.6_x86_64_legacy",
		"-10.7_x86_64", "-10.7_x86_64_legacy",
		"-10.8_x86_64", "-10.8_x86_64_legacy",
		"-10.9_x86_64",
		"-10.10_x86_64",
		"-10.11_x86_64",
		"-10.12_x86_64"
	],
	"docs-guide": "base-10.12_x86_64",
	"docs-www": "base-10.12_x86_64"
}

(I'm bringing this up again because I'm working on the Buildbot
configuration, and it would be nice to remove some of the code that
knows too much about builder/buildslave names.)

vq