SVN committing not possible ATM?

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sat Oct 22 06:17:34 PDT 2016

On 2016-10-22 14:44, Marko Käning wrote:
> I just now couldn’t commit to the SVN server:
>
> ---
> $ svn ci -m "gwenhywfar4-devel: update to 4.16.0beta"
> Sending        Portfile
> Transmitting file data .svn: E175002: Commit failed (details follow):
> svn: E175002: Unexpected server error 500 'Internal Server Error' on '/repository/macports/!svn/txr/154147-3axv/trunk/dports/devel/gwenhywfar4/Portfile’
> ---
>
> Very likely, I am just not authenticating properly. What do I have to change to make this work again?

This is probably some configuration issue on the server. We have not yet
figured out what causes this, but you are the second to report this. It
only seems to affect some users with specific commits.

I have a slight suspicion that it is related to internal locking in
mod_dav_svn for some operations, but could not nail it down yet.

Rainer