port:qt5 and (proposed) port:qt5-kde cohabitation

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 02:06:05 PDT 2016

On Sunday October 23 2016 02:08:23 Marko Käning wrote:

Hi,

>just like all those port files belonging to KDE 3 and 4?
>
>We’re not opposed to do the latter, but it will be somewhat messier!

"We" being Marko and I, but being the main (as in most active) maintainer I have a strong preference for using a dedicated parent folder, and will continue to do so in my personal copy.

But in the end (and for the end user) it shouldn't matter in what parent folder the port directories live, correct?

R.