port:qt5 and (proposed) port:qt5-kde cohabitation

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 09:01:13 PDT 2016

On Sunday October 23 2016 17:43:56 Clemens Lang wrote:

Thanks for the archive links. A quick scan suggests that my "shadow" tree I referred to will be a new working copy of the git repo, from where I'll filter things into the current svn tree.
Will the migration conserve the full history?

> Can't reproduce. If I open a ticket and click the login button it takes
> a second or two until all the redirection associated with OAuth has
> happened and drops my right back where I was.

Is there anything in browser settings that could influence this? Do you know if the feature depends on referral information, for instance. I'm running privoxy which filters that out, though that shouldn't happen on https if the info is encrypted too, and also most other sites redirect me properly.

> top bar. If you think those should be larger, feel free to suggest a
> patch to https://github.com/macports/trac.macports.org/.

Will see, thanks - will depend on the language used there...

> authentication scheme with plugins, making every page that requires
> authentication a login page is somewhat more complicated.

That wasn't what I had in mind. I think of this as a feature (like reply) checking whether the user is logged in, and serving a login dialog rather than an error if that is not the case.
I presume you do get an error with the current implementation if you click reply after your session timed out?

> The software that replaced Trac is Trac. I'm not sure what you are
> talking about here.

Clearly neither did I. I did notice the resemblance to trac, but with it running on github I thought you adapted something provided there to look and work as closely as possibly to Trac.

R.