"Failed to open portfile from registry" while reinstalling because of configure.optflags

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 10:17:23 PDT 2016

On Tuesday October 25 2016 08:34:31 Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>I don't know the answers to your questions, but I wanted to mention that I also have noticed the "Failed to open portfile from registry" error far more often than seems normal to me. ("Never" would seem normal to me.)

Yes, never would seem normal, esp. if the Portfile is there when you check :)

Are you running base from SVN?

I've looked into putting the offending statement (`$workername eval set user_options($opt) $val`) in a loop, something like

$workername eval set user_options($opt) ""
foreach v $val {
        $workername eval set user_options($opt) "$user_options($opt) $v"
}

but I haven't gotten that right yet.

R.