Git tools for managing patchsets

Marko Käning mk-macports at posteo.net
Wed Oct 26 12:55:15 PDT 2016

On 26 Oct 2016, at 17:54 , Michael <keybounce at gmail.com> wrote:

> Interesting that you mention "Quilt". There is another tool -- Stacked Git -- that is modeled after Quilt.

I don’t see the point of these additional tools on top of git?
If git provides branches, why do I need extra magic to work with them?

Yet, even when I worked with Mercurial I also always wondered why people needed all this lark called “Mercurial Patch Queues", which is probably something like “Quilt" and "Stacked Git”…

I don’t think anyone would need all this stuff for port maintenance on macports/macports-ports.