git fetch fails because of gnutls_handshake

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 06:54:34 PDT 2016

On Saturday October 29 2016 15:32:19 Clemens Lang wrote:

hi,

>That's https://trac.macports.org/ticket/51516.

Ah, thanks.

>> What could this be due to?
>
>Your system libcurl is too old to talk modern SSL, or you have modified
>your system libcurl to use a different library, or you have built
>MacPorts against a custom copy of libcurl that uses a SSL library that
>cannot talk to kernel.org.

Erm, I don't think so (3x if I count correctly). Pextlib is linked to the system libcurl (and libssl) which I haven't modified, and the system curl command (which uses that same library) works correctly. That's why I asked, I have no clue how this can happen.

I haven't yet found any indication that the port process might be using the OpenSLL library from port:openssl, or indeed any other related library.

R.