git fetch fails because of gnutls_handshake

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Sat Oct 29 07:44:29 PDT 2016

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 29, 2016 at 04:38:37PM +0200, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> OK, I must admit this is on Linux; I omitted that to avoid too quick
> "we don't support that replies" O:-)

We don't support that. And the fact that you've just wanted three
people's time for looking into this even tells us why that's a good
policy.

> My system gnutls is kind of old though:
> %> /usr/bin/gnutls-cli -version
> /usr/bin/gnutls-cli (GnuTLS) 2.12.23
> Packaged by Debian (2.12.23-12ubuntu2.5)

So go shout at whoever gave you that package, instead of wasting our
time here.

> but from what I understand gnutls itself isn't the likely culprit?

Considering the error output I have a hard time following how you come
to that conclusion.

> I may investigate the workaround I proposed on trac, falling back to
> using an external curl command.

I will veto this code for the reasons outlined in Trac.

--
Clemens