CC maintainer on GitHub

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Mon Oct 31 03:15:17 PDT 2016

On 2016-10-31 10:47, Zero King wrote:
> I just submitted a PR on GitHub and the wiki didn't say how to CC the
> maintainer. Should I use mention like @ryandesign?

Yes, we need to use mentions. GitHub does not provide anything better.

In the general case, you would first need to map the MacPorts handle to
a GitHub username.

> If mentioning is correct I suggest that we use mention-bot [0] to
> automatically mention developers in PRs.
>
> [0] https://github.com/facebook/mention-bot

A bot like this sounds like a good idea, but we would need custom rules
to specifically mention the maintainers.

Mentioning those who touched the file in the past will mostly hit those
that regularly committed patches from Trac, but not the maintainer.

Rainer