GitHub migration complete

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 04:12:08 PDT 2016

On Monday October 31 2016 11:52:28 Rainer Müller wrote:

>Just as with Subversion.

Yeah, I wouldn't expect that the SVC type had any influence on this.

>  rsync -vt rsync://rsync.macports.org/macports/release/ports/PortIndex_darwin_16_i386/PortIndex* $ports

Thanks for the suggestion, I might do that.

(Are you running 10.12 on a 32bit host? Is that even possible?)

>Just make sure you use the correct OS version in the rsync path. There
>is also no guarantee that this really matches the git ports tree, which
>might already contain newer Portfile changes.

That should just mean more ports will be indexed, no?

A related question: what happens if you run portindex on a fresh clone on one host, and then rsync the whole tree to another host with a different OS version? I just did that transfer; using rsync with compression (-z) it took much less time (48s ...) than even simply checking out the tree from git on the other host. Just running portindex on the transferred tree without -f didn't do anything so apparently it doesn't check for OS version or platform mismatches?

R.