[macports-ports] branch master updated: jasper: needs a revbump

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Mon Oct 31 12:25:41 PDT 2016

On 2016-11-1 06:08 , Marko Käning wrote:
> Hi Joshua,
>
> On 31 Oct 2016, at 18:04 , Joshua Root <jmr at macports.org> wrote:
>> Why?
>
> because I ran into this:
> ---
> --->  Scanning binaries for linking errors
> --->  Found 5 broken file(s), matching files to ports
> --->  Found 1 broken port(s), determining rebuild order
> --->  Rebuilding in order
>      jasper @1.900.16

> Doesn’t the second build of jasper justify the revbump, or should we simply ignore this and let rev-upgrade take care of it??

Depends on the nature of the breakage, which is not shown above. The
only dependency is jpeg, which has not changed in some time. My jasper
installation is certainly not broken.

Maybe something else is being linked to, in which case simply rev
bumping does not fix the problem. Or maybe something happened to your
copy of jpeg that changed the soname, in which case that is the problem.

- Josh