llvm-3.9 "new libstdc++ ABI compatibility"

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 10:25:34 PDT 2016

Hi,

Just caught this in the llvm-3.9 release message: "new libstdc++ ABI compatibility".

I guess we'll be seeing port:llvm-3.9 provide 3.9.0 in a near future, but what does that ABI remark mean for us on OS X? Will it again be easier to build C++ code using GCC? Or will it be easier for older OS X versions to migrate to libc++? Or is it something that will in fact mostly/only benefit Linux users?

I'll wait for the release port to try my hand at an lldb-3.9 subport.

R.