port only builds with build_arch=i386 on command line -- any way to specify that in the portfile?

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 12:02:04 PDT 2016

> "supported_archs i386"

thanks. I couldn't seem to find that one anywhere, but now I see it's in a different section of the portfile reference than I thought it would be.

> This is ludicrous. GCC 4.0 is a decade old.

I know. The JIT assembly uses some gcc-4.0 specific register assignments. Even GCC42 won't work (nor clang nor anything newer).

> NB: We don't support building apple-gcc40 on anything newer than Mountain Lion.

Yep, well, that answers that then. I'll fix the portfile for my use, anyway.

Or perhaps I can set up the portfile to have the JIT version with gcc-4.0 build on 10.8 or less with arch i386, and 10.9 and above can use clang (and no JIT, and a 64bit build) and wait for the JIT to be fixed, perhaps, someday, upstream.

Best,

Ken