[MacPorts] #52144: mariadb: support for mpkg / mdmg

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Sun Sep 4 17:54:18 PDT 2016

> On Sep 4, 2016, at 8:32 PM, MacPorts <noreply at macports.org> wrote:
>
> #52144: mariadb: support for mpkg / mdmg
> -----------------------------+-----------------------
>  Reporter:  ctreleaven@…    |      Owner:  pixilla@…
>      Type:  enhancement     |     Status:  new
> Component:  ports           |    Version:
> Resolution:                  |   Keywords:
>      Port:  mariadb-server  |
> -----------------------------+-----------------------
>
> Comment (by ctreleaven@…):
>
> [snip]
>
> Barring objections, I plan commit these changes under openmaintainer in
> the next few days.  I feel the startupitem to launchd plist changes are
> relatively low risk.  I'll try to handle anything that might crop up.

This is the MacPorts Guide’s description[*] of the openmaintainer policy:

	If a port's maintainer contains the address
	<!openmaintainer at macports.org>, this means that the author
	allows minor updates to the port without contacting him first.
	But permission should still be sought for major changes.

While limited in scope, your changes are anything but minor (the patch
is 181 lines!), and committing them would clearly violate the spirit of
the openmaintainer guideline.

You’d be better off invoking the 72-hour maintainer timeout policy.

[*] https://guide.macports.org/chunked/project.update-policies.html#project.update-policies.nonmaintainer

vq