port only builds with build_arch=i386 on command line -- any way to specify that in the portfile?

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 17:59:35 PDT 2016

I was thinking (and have been) building the emulator with -O3 as I understand from what I can gather from that -O3 prioritizes code speed over code size, and the emulator is both small already and speed-hungry….but I see there is also -Ofast in clang-3.8 (which is what my MacPro is building it with)…

This website reference says -Os and -O2 are identical:

<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15548023/clang-optimization-levels <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15548023/clang-optimization-levels>>

Haven’t yet benchmarked the differences between O2 and O3 within it, tho.

Of course, Jeremy would know all...