newbie python - cmake build problem I can't seem to fix...

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 08:32:30 PDT 2016

Hi all, thanks in advance for the ongoing education, and I apologize for the newbie questions.

I'm working on updating a port (hatari) that only builds with python2.7 (or more accurately, doesn't build with python35 selected , but does build with python27 selected). it uses cmake, and FindPythonInterp to find python. <https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.0/module/FindPythonInterp.html>

If I ensure "sudo port select python python27" and then build, all goes well. if I have python35 selected, the build fails, on SL and on El Cap.

I've pulled my hair out trying to find a portfile command that will force it to build with python27 even if the user has previously selected python35.

Here's what I've tried so far, none of which have worked to override the user's set python. I know I'm missing something simple.... thanks.

Ken

# port builds with python27 but not 3.5

#configure.python           ${prefix}/bin/python2.7

#build.env-append          PYTHON=${prefix}/bin/python2.7
#build.env-append          PYTHONEXECUTABLE=${prefix}/bin/python2.7
#build.env-append          PYTHON_EXECUTABLE=${prefix}/bin/python2.7
#build.env-append          PYTHON_VERSION_MAJOR=2
#build.env-append          PYTHON_VERSION_MINOR=7

#configure.env-append  PYTHON=${prefix}/bin/python2.7
#configure.env-append  PYTHON_EXECUTABLE=${prefix}/bin/python2.7
#configure.env-append  PYTHON_VERSION_MAJOR=2
#configure.env-append  PYTHON_VERSION_MINOR=7

#configure.args-append  PYTHON_VERSION_MAJOR=2
#configure.args-append  PYTHON_VERSION_MINOR=7

but no matter, I get

:info:configure -- Found PythonInterp: /opt/local/bin/python (found version "3.5.2")

and the build fails, unless I "sudo port select python python27" first.