newbie python - cmake build problem I can't seem to fix...

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 13:06:21 PDT 2016

> It's not *bad*, just not ideal. If the build system doesn't respect PYTHON_EXECUTABLE, then upstream should fix that.

True.

As it turns out, I learned how to re-write the python to be compatible with 3.x, and fixed the port that way. So that's probably the best outcome, and I'll submit that upstream for them to fix someday.

Although I'd still like to know how to adjust the $PATH, if you feel so inclined one day -- promise to use my powers for good and not for evil ...

Ken