lldb ...

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sun Sep 11 05:07:59 PDT 2016

On 2016-09-11 02:56, Jeremy Sequoia wrote:
>> By the way, as I did lots of trial and error, is there a way to get
>> debug output (from taskgated?) to see why task_for_pid() was denied?
>
> Is it not being logged?  You should see it in the system log
> (Console.app, log collect, etc).

That is where I looked. When it fails, all I see is:

  taskgated    MacOS error: -67062

I assumed there must be some switch to get more output, but maybe it is
only enabled Apple internal.

Messages with the same error code also appear from taskgated when it
works, but also some other error codes. So this might even be unrelated
to the actual verification. When it works, I also get more output from
other components such as trustd and authd.

Rainer