Fakeroot destrooting [Was: Re: lldb ...]

Jeremy Sequoia jeremyhu at apple.com
Mon Sep 12 21:24:54 PDT 2016

Sent from my iPhone...

> On Sep 12, 2016, at 20:57, Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Sep 10, 2016 at 12:14 PM, Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia <jeremyhu at apple.com> wrote:
>> Please file radars and point me to them, so I can make sure they get routed to the right place (likely as dupes, but dupes are very useful "votes" for bugs).
>
> I just noticed this. Received wisdom "out here" is that ``nobody is listening and nobody ever responds, so don't bother filing radars.''

That is very very very false.

> If you really are still using it, you have procedural and/or communication issues.

There is a radar for that as well, and I have some opinions on the matter, but it is not something that I have any control over.

Really, filing radars is valuable even if they are just duplicates. They are cheap to file and value able to the development process.

Yes, ADC is sometimes not the best middleman.  If you are hitting an obstacle with ADC, reach out to Apple engineers that you know directly to enquire about them.  We are all over forums, stackoverflow, twitter, etc.  And we want to help make the products better for users and developers.

If you don't file a radar about an issue, there is no guarantee that the right Apple engineer knows about it. I came across a stackoverflow question a few months ago with an answer that "it is a known problem that ... so the workaround is just ..." but it was never reported to Apple until I happened upon the post and filed a radar about it.  The issue was fixed (internally) a few days after that, but had someone externally filed a radar, it would've been fixed even sooner.