port to install that is a collection of py scripts and a small executable in a folder ...

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 21:45:27 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I thought I'd work on a new requested port, sshuttle. Looks like something I might want to use myself.

I have it downloading, building, and running from the build folder, but there is no "make install" component. In the build folder after the build there turns out to be a small mac application (I know what to do with that part of it), and a collection of python scripts, with a small executable that provides the command-line version of the port. The command-line version is designed to be run from this folder, as it calls folder-local python scripts.

To make it install as a command line app, I could xinstall the relevant parts of the build folder into ${prefix}/libexec/sshuttle, and then use a system call to symlink the main binary  back into

${prefix}/bin

Is that the recommended way to manage a port like this?

Thanks,

Ken