port to install that is a collection of py scripts and a small executable in a folder ...

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Tue Sep 13 09:25:23 PDT 2016

On Sep 13, 2016, at 12:45 AM, Ken Cunningham <ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com> wrote:
> To make it install as a command line app, I could xinstall the relevant parts of the build folder into ${prefix}/libexec/sshuttle,

${destroot}${prefix}/libexec/sshuttle (in post-destroot phase).

> and then use a system call to symlink the main binary  back into
>
> ${prefix}/bin

${destroot}${prefix}/bin

> Is that the recommended way to manage a port like this?

That seems reasonable.

The trac port does something similar in post-destroot (copying some files into ${destroot}${prefix}/share/trac/contrib and then linking some things into ${destroot}${prefix}/bin) if you're looking for an example to help.

--
Daniel J. Luke